2.8.4. How to Implement CPRI in Arria® 10 Transceivers
You should be familiar with the Standard PCS and PMA architecture, PLL architecture, and the reset controller before implementing your CPRI protocol.
- Instantiate the Arria 10 Transceiver Native PHY IP from the IP Catalog.
Refer to Select and Instantiate the PHY IP Core for more details.
- Select CPRI (Auto) or CPRI (Manual) from the Transceiver configuration rules list located under Datapath Options, depending on which protocol you are implementing.
- Use the parameter values in the tables in Native PHY IP Parameter Settings for CPRI as a starting point. Or, you can use the protocol presets described in Preset Configuration Options. You can then modify the setting to meet your specific requirements.
- Click Generate to generate the Native PHY IP (this is your RTL file).
Figure 119. Signals and Ports of Native PHY IP for CPRI
- Instantiate and configure your PLL.
- Create a transceiver reset controller.
You can use your own reset controller or use the Native PHY Reset Controller IP.
- Connect the Native PHY IP to the PLL IP core and the reset controller. Use the information in the following figure to connect the ports.
Figure 120. Connection Guidelines for a CPRI PHY Design
- Simulate your design to verify its functionality.
Did you find the information on this page useful?