2.9.4. How to Implement PCS Direct Transceiver Configuration Rule
You should be familiar with PCS Direct architecture, PMA architecture, PLL architecture, and the reset controller before implementing PCS Direct Transceiver Configuration Rule.
- Open the IP Catalog and select Arria 10 Transceiver Native PHY IP. Refer to Select and Instantiate the PHY IP Core for detailed steps.
- Select PCS Direct from the Transceiver configuration rules list located under Datapath Options.
- Configure your Native PHY IP.
- Click Generate to generate the Native PHY IP (this is your RTL file).
- Instantiate and configure your PLL.
- Create a transceiver reset controller. You can use your own controller or use the Transceiver PHY Reset Controller.
- Connect the Native PHY IP to the PLL IP and the reset controller.
Figure 164. Connection Guidelines for a PCS Direct PHY Design
- Simulate your design to verify its functionality.
Did you find the information on this page useful?