5.2. Arria 10 Enhanced PCS Architecture
You can use the Enhanced PCS to implement multiple protocols that operate at around 10 Gbps or higher line rates.
The Enhanced PCS provides the following functions:
- Performs functions common to most serial data industry standards, such as word alignment, block synchronization, encoding/decoding, and framing, before data is sent or received off-chip through the PMA
- Handles data transfer to and from the FPGA fabric
- Internally handles data transfer to and from the PMA
- Provides frequency compensation
- Performs channel bonding for multi-channel low skew applications
Did you find the information on this page useful?