18.104.22.168. Running Eye Viewer Tests
The Eye Viewer tool allows you to set up and run eye tests, monitoring bit errors and phase offset data. The following steps describe how to launch and view the results of the Eye Viewer tool.
- To launch Eye Viewer, click Tools ➤ Eye Viewer.
- A small dialog box opens up, select the channel you want to test then click OK as shown in the following figure.
Figure 266. Pop-up to Select Channel
- Set the test conditions to your preference in the Channel Parameters tab. You can use an auto sweep test to determine acceptable settings.
- Specify Eye Sweep and Eye Dwell Controls settings. In these settings, you can specify the horizontal and vertical step interval of the Eye Viewer.
- Click Start. During the test, the Eye Viewer tool gathers the channel’s current settings, and uses those settings to start a phase sweep.
When an eye scan successfully completes, a new entry is added to the results table, and that entry automatically gains focus. When you select a given entry in the results table, the heat map view renders the eye data associated with it.