4.17. Editing a 10GBASE-KR MIF File
The MIF format contains all bit settings for the transceiver PMA and PCS. Because the 10GBASE-KR PHY IP Core only requires PCS reconfiguration for a rate change, the PMA settings should not change. Removing the PMA settings from the MIF file also prevents an unintended overwrite of PMA parameters set through other assignments. A few simple edits to the MIF file removes the PMA settings. Complete the following steps to to remove PMA settings from the MIF file:
- Replace line 17 with "13: 0001000000010110; -- PMA - RX changed to removed CTLE".
- Replace line 20 with "16: 0010100000011001; -- PMA - RX continued".
- Replace line 4 with "4: 0001000000000000; -- PMA - TX".
- Remove lines 7-10. These lines contain the TX settings (VOD, post-tap, pre-tap).
- Renumber the lines starting with the old line 11.
- Change the depth at the top of the file from 168 to 164.
Edits to a MIF to Remove PMA Settings
Did you find the information on this page useful?