17.26.2. Enabling the Standard PCS PRBS Generator Using Streamer-Based Reconfiguration
Complete the following reads and writes to the Streamer module to enable the PRBS generator in the Standard PCS:
- Read the Streamer Module control and status register busy bit (7’h3A, bit) until it is clear.
- Write the Streamer Module logical channel number to the Streamer logical channel number register at address 0x38.
- Set the Streamer Module control and status register Mode bits (7’h3A, bits[3:2]) to 1.
- Determine the PRBS pattern from Word Aligner Size and Word Aligner Pattern table in Standard PCS Pattern Generators and note the corresponding PRBS Pattern Select encoding. For example, using a 16-bit PCS-PMA width and a PRBS-23 pattern, the corresponding PRBS select value is 3’b001.
- Determine the PRBS pattern from the and note the cooresponding PRBS Pattern Select encoding. For example, using a 16-bit PCS-PMA width and a PRBS-23 pattern, the corresponding PRBS select value is 3'b001.
- To complete the necessary programming, perform read-modify-writes to specify the PRBS TX Enable and at the following addresses:
- PRBS TX Enable, (0x97, bit)
- PRBS Pattern Select, (0x97, bit[8:6])
- Assert the channel reset to begin testing on the new PRBS pattern.
Did you find the information on this page useful?