11.1.3. Data Transfer
- Performing individual read or write accesses is less efficient.
- Switching between read and write operation has a negative impact on the efficiency of the controller.
- Performing read or write operations from different rows within a bank or in a different bank—if the bank and a row you are accessing is not already open—also affects the efficiency of your controller.
The following figure shows an example of changing the row in the same bank.
The following sequence of events describes the above figure:
- You have to wait tWR time before giving the precharge command
- You then wait tRP time to give the activate command.
Did you find the information on this page useful?