18.104.22.168. Package Migration
Assume two migratable packages, device A and device B, and that you want to compensate for the board trace lengths for device A. Follow these steps:
- Compile your design for device A, with the Package Skew option enabled.
- Note the skews in the <core_name>.pin file for device A. Deskew these package skews with board trace lengths as described in the preceding examples.
- Recompile your design for device A.
- For Device B open the parameter editor and deselect Package Deskew option.
Calculate board skew parameters only taking into account the board traces for Device B and enter that value into the parameter editor for Device B.
- Regenerate the IP and recompile the design for Device B.
- Verify that timing requirements are met for both device A and device B.
Did you find the information on this page useful?