184.108.40.206.3. Linking the Project to a Device
- To launch the toolkit, select External Memory Interface Toolkit from the Tools menu in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software.
- After you have launched the toolkit, open your project and click the Initialize connections task in the Tasks window, to initialize a list of all known connections.
- To link your project to a specific device on specific hardware, perform the following steps:
- Click the Link Project to Device task in the Tasks window.
- Select the desired hardware from the Hardware dropdown menu in the Link Project to Device dialog box.
- Select the desired device on the hardware from the Device dropdown menu in the Link Project to Device dialog box.
- Select SOF as the Link file type, verify that the .sof file is correct for your programmed device, and click Ok.
For designs compiled in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, the SOF file contains a design hash to ensure the SOF file used to program the device matches the SOF file specified for linking to a project. If the hash does not match, an error message appears.
If the toolkit successfully verifies all connections, it then attempts to determine the connection type for each connection. Connections of a known type are listed in the Linked Connections report, and are available for the toolkit to use.
Did you find the information on this page useful?