4.1.9. MAC Local Loopback
To enable local loopback:
- Initiate software reset by setting the SW_RESET bit in command_config register to 1.
Software reset disables the transmit and receive operations, flushes the internal FIFOs, and clears the statistics counters. The SW_RESET bit is automatically cleared upon completion.
- When software reset is complete, enable local loopback on the MAC's MII/GMII/RGMII by setting the LOOP_ENA bit in command_config register to 1.
- Enable transmit and receive operations by setting the TX_ENA and RX_ENA bits in command_config register to 1.
- Initiate frame transmission.
- Compare the statistics counters aFramesTransmittedOK and aFramesReceivedOK to verify that the transmit and receive frame counts are equal.
- Check the statistics counters ifInErrors and ifOutErrors to determine the number of packets transmitted and received with errors.
- To disable loopback, initiate a software reset and set the LOOP_ENA bit in command_config register to 0.
Did you find the information on this page useful?