2.7.6. Trace Capture
- Capture execution trace (instruction bus cycles).
- Capture data trace (data bus cycles).
- For each data bus cycle, capture address, data, or both.
- Start and stop capturing trace in real time, based on triggers.
- Manually start and stop trace under host control.
- Optionally stop capturing trace when trace buffer is full, leaving the processor executing.
- Store trace data in on-chip memory buffer in the JTAG debug module. (This memory is accessible only through the JTAG connection.)
- Store trace data to larger buffers in an off-chip debug probe.
Certain trace features require additional licensing or debug tools from third-party debug providers. For example, an on-chip trace buffer is a standard feature of the Nios® II processor, but using an off-chip trace buffer requires additional debug software and hardware provided by Imagination Technologies™, LLC or Lauterbach GmbH.
Did you find the information on this page useful?