17. Upgrading to UniPHY-based Controllers from ALTMEMPHY-based Controllers
NOTE: Designs that do not use the AFI cannot be upgraded to UniPHY. If your design uses non-AFI IP cores, Intel recommends that you start a new design with the UniPHY IP core . In addition, Intel recommends that any new designs targeting Stratix III, Stratix IV, or Stratix V use the UniPHY datapath.
To upgrade your ALTMEMPHY-based DDR2 or DDR3 SDRAM High-Performance Controller II design to a DDR2 or DDR3 SDRAM controller with UniPHY IP core, you must complete the tasks listed below:
- Generating Equivalent Design
- Replacing the ALTMEMPHY Datapath with UniPHY Datapath
- Resolving Port Name Differences
- Creating OCT Signals
- Running Pin Assignments Script
- Removing Obsolete Files
- Simulating your Design
The following topics describe these tasks in detail.
Did you find the information on this page useful?