12.1.3. Development Kit Preset Workflow
Follow these steps to generate the example design:
- Under Memory Interfaces and Controllers (Tools > Qsys>IP Catalog>Library>Memory Interfaces and Controllers), select Arria 10 External Memory Interfaces. The parameter editor appears.
- Specify a top-level name and the folder for your custom IP variation, and specify an Arria 10 device. Click OK.
- Select the appropriate preset for your development kit from the Presets Library. Click Apply.
- By default, the example design will be generated with the traditional Traffic Generator. If you would rather use the new EMIF Configurable Traffic Generator 2.0, select Use configurable Avalon traffic generator 2.0 on the Diagnostics tab of the parameter editor.
- On the Example Designs tab in the parameter editor, make the following settings:
- Under Available Example Designs, only EMIF Example Design is available, and is selected by default.
- Under Example Design Files, select Simulation or Synthesis to have the system create a simulation file set or synthesis file set.
- Under Generated HDL Format, only Verilog is available, and is selected by default.
- Under Target Development Kit, select the desired Arria 10 development kit. The development kit that you select here must match the development kit preset that you selected in step 1, or else an error message appears.
The Target Development Kit section is available only if you have specified Synthesis under Example Design Files.
- Click the Generate Example Design button at the top of the parameter editor. The software generates all files necessary to run simulations and hardware tests on the selected development kit.
Did you find the information on this page useful?