18.104.22.168. Active Serial Multi-Device Configuration
For multi-device AS configurations, connect multiple Intel® Cyclone® 10 LP devices to a single serial configuration device.
- When the first device captures all its configuration data from the bitstream, it drives the nCEO pin low, enabling the next device in the chain.
- If the last device in the chain is an Intel® Cyclone® 10 LP device, you can leave the nCEO pin of the last device unconnected or use it as a user I/O pin after configuration.
- The nCONFIG, nSTATUS, CONF_DONE, DCLK, and DATA pins of each device in the chain are connected.
- When the first device asserts nCEO (after receiving all its configuration data), it releases its CONF_DONE pin.
- The subsequent devices in the chain hold this shared CONF_DONE line low until they receive their configuration data.
- When all target devices in the chain receive their configuration data and release CONF_DONE, the pull-up resistor drives CONF_DONE line high and all devices simultaneously enter initialization mode.
If the configuration bitstream size exceeds the capacity of a serial configuration device, you must select a larger configuration device, enable the compression feature, or both. When configuring multiple devices, the size of the bitstream is the sum of the individual device’s configuration bitstream.
Did you find the information on this page useful?