10.3. Avalon® -MM Test Driver Module
The BFM driver module, altpcie_bfm_rp_gen3_x8.sv tests the DMA example Endpoint design. The BFM driver module configures the Endpoint Configuration Space registers and then tests the example Endpoint DMA channel. This file is in the <testbench_dir>pcie_<dev>_hip_avmm_bridge_0_example_design/pcie_example_design_tb/ip/pcie_example_design_tb/DUT_pcie_tb_ip/altera_pcie_<dev>_tbed_<ver>/sim directory.
The BFM test driver module performs the following steps in sequence:
- Configures the Root Port and Endpoint Configuration Spaces, which the BFM test driver module does by calling the procedure ebfm_cfg_rp_ep, which is part of altpcietb_bfm_rp_gen3_x8.sv.
- Finds a suitable BAR to access the example Endpoint design Control Register space.
- If find_mem_baridentifies a suitable BAR in the previous step, the driver performs the following tasks:
- DMA read: The driver programs the DMA to read data from the BFM shared memory into the Endpoint memory. The DMA issues an MSI when the last descriptor completes.
- DMA writ: The driver programs the DMA to write the data from its Endpoint memory back to the BFM shared memory. The DMA completes the following steps to indicate transfer completion:
- The DMA issues an MSI when the last descriptor completes.
- A checker compares the data written back to BFM against the data that read from the BFM.
- The driver programs the DMA to perform a test that demonstrates downstream access of the DMA Endpoint memory.
Did you find the information on this page useful?