11.11.4. Opening the Efficiency Monitor Toolkit
Connecting the Efficiency Monitor
- Compile a design with an Efficiency Monitor, as described in Enabling the Efficiency Monitor in a Design Example .
- Program the .sof file onto a device.
- Launch the System Console—either through the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, or directly from the command line.
- Load the .sof file of your design.
- Select the emif_effmon toolkit instance.
- Select EMIF Efficiency Monitor Toolkit in the Details section of the Toolkit Explorer in the System Console.
- Click Open Toolkit to launch the Efficiency Monitor toolkit.
Starting and Stopping the Efficiency Monitor
To start collecting information on the Avalon® interface, click Enable Efficiency Monitor.
To stop the Efficiency Monitor, click Disable Efficiency Monitor.
The Status Registers tab lets you:
- Read all status registers from the device, by clicking Read Status Registers.
- Clear all status registers, by clicking Clear Status Registers.
The Performance Report tab displays efficiency as a percentage, and the read latency report.
- Efficiency = (EFFMON_TRANSFER_COUNTER ÷ EFFMON_END_OF_TRANS_COUNTER) × 100%
- Minimum Read Latency = EFFMON_RDLAT_MIN
- Maximum Read Latency = EFFMON_RDLAT_MAX
- Average Read Latency = EFFMON_RDLAT_TOTAL ÷ EFFMON_READDATAVALID_COUNTER
Did you find the information on this page useful?