18.104.22.168. PCS Only Mode
The E-Tile Hard IP for Ethernet Intel FPGA IP supports PCS only mode in 10/25G and 100G variants with optional RSFEC feature. It can support up to four PCS channels in 10/25G variant. This mode bypassed the Ethernet MAC and uses MII interface to read and write to the PMA block.
- TX PCS encoder—encodes the data from the PMA interface.
- TX PCS scrambler—enables the data to be scrambled. Channels cannot lock correctly if the data is not scrambled.
- Alignment insertion—the TX PCS interface inserts alignment markers.
- Striper—enables logically sequential data to be segmented to increase data throughput.
- Aligner—enables the alignment of incoming data.
- RX PCS descrambler—enables the incoming scrambled data to be descrambled.
- RX PCS decoder—decodes the incoming encoded data from the PMA interface.
Did you find the information on this page useful?