5. Intel® Stratix® 10 EMIF – Simulating Memory IP
- A simulator—The simulator must be an Intel-supported VHDL or Verilog HDL simulator:
- Aldec Riviera-Pro
- Cadence Xcelium
- Siemens EDA* ModelSim
- Siemens EDA* QuestaSim*
- Synopsys* VCS/VCS-MX
- A design using Intel’s External Memory Interface (EMIF) IP
- An example driver or traffic generator (to initiate read and write transactions)
- A testbench and a suitable memory simulation model
The Intel External Memory Interface IP is not compatible with the Platform Designer Testbench System. Instead, use the simulation design example from your generated IP to validate memory interface operation, or as a reference for creating a full simulatable design. The provided simulation design example contains the generated memory interface, a memory model, and a traffic generator. For more information about the EMIF simulation design example, refer to the Intel® Stratix® 10 EMIF IP Design Example User Guide.
Memory Simulation Models
There are two types of memory simulation models that you can use:
- Intel-provided generic memory model
- Vendor-specific memory model
The Intel® Quartus® Prime software generates the generic memory simulation model with the simulation design example. The model adheres to all the memory protocol specifications, and can be parameterized.
Vendor-specific memory models are simulation models for specific memory components from memory vendors such as Micron and Samsung. You can obtain these simulation models from the memory vendor's website.