7.12.1. Configuration Images
Each Cyclone® V device in your system requires one factory image. The factory image is a user-defined configuration image that contains logic to perform the following:
- Processes errors based on the status provided by the dedicated remote system upgrade circuitry.
- Communicates with the remote host, receives new application images, and stores the images in the local non-volatile memory device.
- Determines the application image to load into the Cyclone® V device.
- Enables or disables the user watchdog timer and loads its time-out value.
- Instructs the dedicated remote system upgrade circuitry to start a reconfiguration cycle.
You can also create one or more application images for the device. An application image contains selected functionalities to be implemented in the target device.
Store the images at the following locations in the EPCS or EPCQ devices:
- Factory configuration image— PGM[23..0] = 24'h000000 start address on the EPCS or EPCQ device.
- Application configuration image—any sector boundary. Altera recommends that you store only one image at one sector boundary.
When you are using EPCQ 256, ensure that the application configuration image address granularity is 32'h00000100. The granularity requirement is having the most significant 24 bits of the 32 bits start address written to PGM[23..0] bits.
Did you find the information on this page useful?