25.1. Avalon-ST Video Protocol
In the implicit model ideal use conditions, the data stream contains repeating sequences of these set of packets:
N user packets (N ≥ 0) > 1 valid control packet > 1 frame/field packet (matching the dimensions specified in the control packet)
However, the Avalon-ST Video protocol allows for different sequences of input packets without any errors in the data processing. For example:
- Every frame or field packets could receive multiple control packets.
- Some or all of the user packets could arrive between the control and frame or field packet.
- The video need not send a control packet with every frame or field packet if the input resolution and interlace field remains constant for each frame packet.
- Control packets have insufficient number of beats of data to be decoded
- Length of frame or field packet does not match the resolution specified by the preceding control packet.
Did you find the information on this page useful?