2.5. Integrating Your Intel® FPGA IP Core in Your Design: Required External Blocks
The CPRI IP core requires that you define, instantiate, and connect the following additional software and hardware modules for all CPRI IP variations:
- An external transceiver PLL IP core to drive the TX transceiver clock. You must instantiate the TX PLL IP core in software separately from the CPRI IP core. In Intel® Arria® 10 and Intel® Stratix® 10 devices, this requirement supports the configuration of multiple IP cores using the same transceiver block in the device.
- One or more external reset controllers to coordinate the reset sequence for the CPRI IP core in your design.
In addition, some IP core variations require additional modules to function correctly in hardware.
- CPRI link slave modules require an off-chip clean-up PLL.
- Variations that target a 28-nm device (Arria V, Arria V GZ, Cyclone V, or Stratix V device family) require an external Transceiver Reconfiguration Controller Intel FPGA IP.
- Variations with the single-trip delay calibration feature require additional blocks that Intel® provides but does not connect in your design.
Did you find the information on this page useful?