2.2.3. GPIO-B and HPS Segment
The GPIO-B and HPS segment is a segment of the top NOC adjacent to the HPS which interfaces with the HPS and also interfaces with the GPIO-B block. This segment is similar to the GPIO-B segments, except that a connection to the HPS MPFE replaces one of the NoC initiators facing the FPGA fabric. The HPS segment consists of the following:
- Two AXI4 initiators on the FPGA fabric side.
- Two AXI4 targets on the GPIO-B side.
- One AXI4 Lite target on the GPIO-B side.
- Two AXI4 initiators and one AXI4 Lite initiator on the HPS MPFE side.
- A network of switches that transfer packets laterally along the hard memory NoC and connect to the AXI4 initiators and targets.