After pin_perst or npor is released, the Hard IP reset controller deasserts reset_status. Your Application Layer logic can then come out of reset and become operational.
The RX transceiver reset sequence includes the following steps:
- After rx_pll_locked is asserted, the LTSSM state machine transitions from the Detect.Quiet to the Detect.Active state.
- When the pipe_phystatus pulse is asserted and pipe_rxstatus[2:0] = 3, the receiver detect operation has completed.
- The LTSSM state machine transitions from the Detect.Active state to the Polling.Active state.
- The Hard IP for PCI Express asserts rx_digitalreset. The rx_digitalreset signal is deasserted after rx_signaldetect is stable for a minimum of 3 ms.
The TX transceiver reset sequence includes the following steps:
- After npor is deasserted, the IP core deasserts the npor_serdes input to the TX transceiver.
- The SERDES reset controller waits for pll_locked to be stable for a minimum of 127 pld_clk cycles before deasserting tx_digitalreset.
For descriptions of the available reset signals, refer to Reset Signals, Status, and Link Training Signals.