220.127.116.11. Sample Rate
Use the following variables to determine the number of wires and the number of channels each wire carries by parameterization:
- ClockRate is the system clock frequency.
- SampleRate is the data sample rate per channel (MSPS).
- ChanCount is the number of channels.
- The Period (or folding factor) is the ratio of the clock rate to the sample rate and determines the number of available time slots:
Period = max(1, floor(ClockRate/SampleRate))
- The WiresPerChannel is the number of wires per channel:
WiresPerChannel = ceil(SampleRate/ClockRate)
- The WireGroups is the number of wire groups to carry all the channels regardless of channel rate:
WireGroups = ceil(ChanCount / Period);
- The number of channel wires the design requires to carry all the channels is the number of channels divided by the folding factor (except for supersampled filters):
ChanWireCount = WiresPerChannel × WireGroups
- The number of channels carried per wire is the number of channels divided by the number of channels per wire:
ChanCycleCount = ceil(ChanCount/WireGroups)