The dspba.runModelsimATB command has the following syntax:
dspba.runModelsimATB('model', 'entity', ['rtl_path']);
- model = design name (without extension, in single quotes)
- entity = entity to test (the name of a Primitive subsystem or a ModelIP block, in single quotes)
- rtl_path = optional path to the generated RTL (in single quotes, if not specified the path is read from the Control block in your model)
The return values are in the format [pass, status, result] where:
- pass = 1 for success, or 0 for failure
- status = should be 0
- result = should be a string such as:
"# ** Note: Arrived at end of stimulus data on clk <clock name>"
DSP Builder writes an output file with the full path to the component under test in the working directory. DSP Builder creates a new file with an automatically incremented suffix each time the testbench is run. For example:
This output file includes the ModelSim transcript and is useful for debugging if you encounter any errors.