5.6.3. Programming Flash Memory with the Initial Remote System Update Image
quartus_pgm -c 1 -m jtag -o "pvi;./output_file.jic"
Alternatively, you can use the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer to program the initial RSU update image by completing the following procedure:
- open the Programmer and click Add File. Select the generated .jic file (output_file.jic) and click Open.
- Turn on the Program/Configure for the attached .jic file.
- To begin programming the flash memory with the initial remote system update image, click Start.
- Configuration is complete when the progress bar reaches 100%. Power cycle the board to automatically configure the Intel® Stratix® 10 device with the application image using the AS x4 configuration scheme.
Figure 79. Programming the Flash Memory with the Initial RSU ImageNote: This example does not assign the Direct to Factory Image pin. Consequently, the Programmer configures the device with the application image. The application image is the default image if the design does not use the Direct to Factory Image pin.
- Use the RSU_STATUS command to determine which bitstream image the Programmer is using as shown in the following example:
Figure 80. Running Tcl Commands Available in rsu1.tcl
- In the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, select Tools > System Debugging Tools > System Console to launch the system console.
- In the Tcl Console pane, type source rsu1.tcl to open the example of Tcl script to perform the remote system update commands. Refer to the Related Information for a link to rsu1.tcl.
- Type the rsu_status command to report the current remote system update status. You can retrieve the current running image address from the remote system update status report. The current image address must match the start address for the application image printed in the .map file.
Did you find the information on this page useful?