5.5.3. Generating a Factory Update Image
quartus_pfg -c fpga.sof factory_update.rpd -o mode=ASX4 -o bitswap=ON -o rsu_upgrade=ON
Alternatively, you can use the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Programming File Generator to generate a factory update image (.rpd). You can use this image to update the decision firmware, decision firmware data, and the factory image.
- On the File menu, click Programming File Generator.
- Select Intel® Stratix® 10 from the Device family drop-down list.
- Select the configuration mode from the Configuration mode drop-down list. The current Intel® Quartus® Prime only supports the RSU feature in the Active Serial x4 configuration mode.
- On the Output Files tab, assign the output directory and file name.
- Select the output file type:
- Raw Programming File (.rpd)
- By default, the .rpd file type is little-endian. If you are using a third-party programmer that does not support the little-endian format, set Bit swap to On to generate the .rpd file in big endian format.
Note: The rsu1.tcl script that Intel provides performs the bit swap operation. Consequently, if you are using this script, set Bit swap to Off.
- On the Input Files tab, click Add Bitstream. If necessary, change the Files of type to SRAM Object File (*.sof). Then, select factory image .sof file and click Open.
Figure 73. Specify the .sof File
- Select the .sof and then click Properties. Turn On Generate RSU factory update image. Specify the Bootloader file.
Note: You only have to specify the Bootloader file for Intel® Stratix® 10 SX devices.Figure 74. Turn On Remote System Firmware Upgrade
- Click Generate to generate the RSU programming files. You can now update the decision firmware, decision firmware data, and the factory image in flash memory. You can save the configuration in a .pfg file for later use.
Did you find the information on this page useful?