5.4.1. System Controller Configuration
J58 is used to turn off the FPGA power. The following table lists the status of each J58 configuration.
The following procedure must be followed to program the system controller MAX V:
- Short J58
- Set SW3 Bits to:
Table 19. SW3 System Configuration Mode for System Controller MAX V Programming Bit1 Bit2 Bit3 Bit4 Bit5 Bit6 Bit7 Bit8 ON ON ON ON ON OFF OFF ON
- Turn on the power; the red LED will be flashing
- Connect the USB cable to the on-board USB-Blaster II
- Use “autodetect” in Quartus Prime to detect MAX V
- Click Change File and select \examples\max5\PRD\system_max5\system_max5.pof
- Turn on Program/Configure option for the selected .pof file, click Start to download it to MAX V. Configuration is complete when the progress bar reaches 100%
- Turn off the power and remove J58
- Set SW3 to normal operation mode
Refer to the Table 3-4 in Default Switch and Jumper Settings for SW3 configuration.
- Turn on the power; the red LED will be on until the FPGA is configured
Did you find the information on this page useful?