2.2.1. Activating Your License
Purchasing this kit entitles you to a one-year license for the Development Kit Edition (DKE) of the Quartus Prime software. After the year, your DKE license will no longer be valid and you will not be permitted to use this version of the Quartus Prime software. To continue using the Quartus Prime software, you should purchase a subscription to Quartus Prime Pro or Standard Edition.
Before using the Quartus Prime software, you must activate your license, identify specific users and computers, and obtain and install a license file. If you already have a licensed version of the subscription edition, you can use that license file with this kit. If not, follow these steps:
- Log on at the myAltera Account Sign In web page, and click Sign In.
- On the myAltera Home web page, click the Self-Service Licensing Center link.
- Locate the serial number printed on the side of the development kit box below the bottom bar code. The number consists of alphanumeric characters and does not contain hyphens.
- On the Self-Service Licensing Center web page, click the Find it with your License Activation Code link.
- In the Find/Activate Products dialog box, enter your development kit serial number and click Search.
- When your product appears, turn on the check box next to the product name.
- Click Activate Selected Products, and click Close.
- When licensing is complete, Altera emails a license.dat file to you. Store the file on your computer and use the License Setup page of the Options dialog box in the Quartus Prime software to enable the software.
Did you find the information on this page useful?