A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
- 4.1. DisplayPort Intel® FPGA IP Hardware Design Examples for Intel® Arria® 10, Intel® Cyclone® 10 GX, Intel® Stratix® 10, and Intel® Agilex™ F-Tile Devices
8.1.2. Generate the IP Simulation Files and Scripts, and Compile and Simulate
In this step you use a script to generate the IP simulation files and scripts, and compile and simulate them. Type the command:
This script executes the following commands:
- Generate the simulation files for the DisplayPort, transceivers, and transceiver reconfiguration IP cores:
Arria V, Cyclone V, and Stratix V devices; (where <prefix> is av for Arria V devices, cv for Cyclone V devices, and sv for Stratix V devices)
- qmegawiz -silent <prefix>_xcvr_reconfig.v
- qmegawiz -silent <prefix>_dp.v
- qmegawiz -silent <prefix>_native_phy_rx.v
- qmegawiz -silent <prefix>_native_phy_tx.v
- Merge the four resulting msim_setup.tcl scripts to create a single mentor/msim_setup.tcl:
Arria V, Cyclone V, and Stratix V devices; (where <prefix> is av for Arria V devices, cv for Cyclone V devices, and sv for Stratix V devices)ip-make-simscript --spd=./<prefix>_xcvr_reconfig.spd --spd=./<prefix>_dp.spd --spd=./<prefix>_native_phy_rx.spd --spd=./<prefix>_native_phy_tx.spd
- Compile and simulate the design in the ModelSim* software:
vsim -c -do msim_dp.tcl
The simulation sends several frames of video after reconfiguring the DisplayPort source (TX) and sink (RX) to use the HBR (2.7 G) rate. A successful result is seen by the CTS test automation logic’s CRC checks. These checks compare the CRC of the transmitted image with the result measured at the sink. The result is successful if the sink detects three matching frames.
Example Successful Result
# Testing Link HBR Rate Training Pattern 1 # Testing Video Input Frame Number = 00 # Testing Link HBR Rate Training Pattern 2 # TX Frequency Change Detected, Measured Frequency = 135 MHz # RX Frequency Change Detected, Measured Frequency = 135 MHz # ... # SINK CRC_R = 9b40, CRC_G = 9b40, CRC_B = 9b40, # SOURCE CRC_R = 9b40, CRC_G = 9b40, CRC_B = 9b40, # Pass: Test Completed
Did you find the information on this page useful?