5.4.3. Using the Bootloader as a Bare-Metal Framework
If your application is relatively simple, and does not require complex features such as multi-core or multi-tasking, one option is to include it in the bootloader.
Including your application in the bootloader has the following advantages:
- Potentially faster boot time
- Access to features already implemented in the bootloader, such as mass storage and networking
The following bootloaders are available, with source code:
- U-Boot—open-source GPL License
- UEFI—open-source BSD license
- Arm* Trusted Firmware (ATF)—open-source BSD license
Did you find the information on this page useful?