9.2.1. Configuration Space
The Configuration Space implements the following configuration registers and associated functions:
- Header Type 0 Configuration Space for Endpoints
- Header Type 1 Configuration Space for Root Ports
- PCI Power Management Capability Structure
- Virtual Channel Capability Structure
- Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) Capability Structure
- Message Signaled Interrupt–X (MSI–X) Capability Structure
- PCI Express Capability Structure
- Advanced Error Reporting (AER) Capability Structure
- Vendor Specific Extended Capability (VSEC)
The Configuration Space also generates all messages (PME#, INT, error, slot power limit), MSI requests, and completion packets from configuration requests that flow in the direction of the root complex, except slot power limit messages, which are generated by a downstream port. All such transactions are dependent upon the content of the PCI Express Configuration Space as described in the PCI Express Base Specification.
Did you find the information on this page useful?