7.1. Connecting to the Board Update Portal
Before you begin
- A PC with a connection to a working Ethernet port on a DHCP enabled network.
- A separate working Ethernet port connected to the same network for the board.
- The Ethernet, power cables and development board that are included in the kit.
Connecting to the Board Update Portal
- Install the latest Intel® software tools, including Intel® Quartus® Prime software, Nios® II processor and IP blocks.
- Set SW6.1 to OFF(1) position with the board powered down.
- Attach the Ethernet cable from the board to your LAN.
- Power up the board. The board connects to the LAN's gateway router and obtains an IP address. The LCD on the board displays the IP address.
- Launch a web browser on a PC that is connected to the same network and enter the IP address from the LCD into the web browser's address bar. The Board Update Portal webpage appears in the web browser
You can click the Stratix 10 GX Transceiver Signal Integrity Development Kit on the Board Update Portal to access the development kit's home page for documentation updates and additional new designs.
You can also navigate directly to the Stratix 10 GX Transceiver Signal Integrity Development Kit link on the Intel® website to determine if you have the latest kit software.