- Added single power supply U324 package.
- Added a topic that shows the equations and calculation example to convert between analog voltage values and digital representation.
- Updated the topic about ADC timing to add time calculation examples for the ADC control core based on the sampling rate.
- Added a note to specify that the Modular ADC Core and Modular Dual ADC Core IP cores support generating only Verilog* simulation scripts. VHDL simulation is not supported.
- Added note to the topic about the peripheral clock interface signal to specify that the peripheral clock frequency must be at least 25 MHz.
- Updated the slot numbers of the ADC sample register address offset to correspond to the sequence slot numbers in Intel® Quartus® Prime.
||Updated the description of the EOP bit "0" of the Interrupt Status Register (ISR) to improve clarity.
||Rebranded as Intel.
||Added a topic that lists the actual TSD sampling rate based on the ADC sampling rate selected in the IP core.
- Updated the topic about the ADC voltage reference to specify that you must use clean external voltage reference with a maximum resistance of 100 Ω.
- Updated the topic about the ADC sequencer to clarify that "conversion mode" refers to the sequencer conversion mode, namely the single-cycle and continuous ADC conversion modes.
- Added a related information link to a topic in the Intel® MAX® 10 Clocking and PLL User Guide that lists the availability of PLL1 and PLL3 in different Intel® MAX® 10 devices and packages.
- Updated various topics throughout the user guide to improve the clarity of descriptions related to the user-specified ADC logic simulation output feature.
- Updated the VCCVREF pin name to ADC_VREF.
- Edited the board design guidelines for analog input:
- Updated text to improve clarity.
- Updated the Fcutoff @ -3dB recommendation from "five times" to "at least two times" the input frequency.
- Updated the figure showing the first order active low pass filter example.
- Removed all preliminary marks.
- Added new function to specify predefined ADC sampling rate up to 1 MSPS. Previously, the ADC always operate at the maximum sampling rate.
- Removed link to a workaround to reduce the sampling rate. Now you can set the sampling rate in the IP core parameter editor.
- Added the ADC Toolkit that supports the Modular ADC Core and Modular Dual ADC Core IP cores.
- Added feature to simulate ADC output using your own expected output files for each ADC channel except the TSD channel.
- Corrected the description for bits 11:0 and bits 27:16 of the ADC sample register for Modular ADC Core and Modular Dual ADC Core IP cores. Bits 11:0 and bits 27:16 hold the actual 12 bit sampled data for the storage slot instead of the slot number.
- Corrected the default value for bit 0 of the interrupt enable register (IER) and interrupt status register (ISR). The default value for M_EOP is 1 and for EOP is 0.
- Added related information link to Introduction to Altera IP Cores.
- Added links to instructional videos that demonstrate how to create ADC designs in Intel® MAX® 10 devices.
- Changed instances of Quartus II to Quartus Prime.
||Updated the board design guidelines for analog input.
- Added the Modular Dual ADC Core IP core.
- Removed F672 from the 10M25 device and added ADC information for the E144 package of the 10M04 device:
- Updated the ADC block counts.
- Updated the ADC vertical migration support.
- Updated the ADC channel counts.
- Updated the table that lists the ADC channel count to list only 8 dual function pins (instead of 16) for the M153 and U169 packages.
- Updated the ADC vertical migration diagram to clarify that there are single ADC devices with eight and 16 dual function pins.
- Updated the topic about ADC conversion to specify that in prescaler mode, the analog input in dual and single supply devices can measure up to 3.0 V and 3.6 V, respectively.
- Updated the ADC IP core architecture figures to include features for the dual ADC IP core.
- Added information and topics about the response merge and dual ADC synchronizer micro cores.
- Removed notes about contacting Altera for the ADC pin RLC filter design.
- Updated the ADC prescaler topic to change the ADC2 channel that supports prescaler from channel 16 to channel 17.
- Updated the diagram that shows the ADC timing:
- To clarify that the numbers are hexadecimal numbers.
- Relabeled the signals to match the command and response interface signal names.
- Updated the RC constant and filter value and the filter design example figure to clarify the source of the example values.
- Added guidelines for setting up the sequencer in dual ADC mode.
- Added topics that list the mapping of Modular ADC Core and Modular Dual ADC Core IP cores channel names to Intel® MAX® 10 device pin names.
- Corrected the address offset of the interrupt enable register (from 0x41 to 0x40) and interrupt status register (from 0x40 to 0x41) for the sample storage core.
- Updated the sample storage core registers table to include registers for Modular Dual ADC Core.
- Removed statements about availability of the threshold trigger feature in a future version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime software. The feature is now available from version 15.0 of the software.
- Added ADC prescaler block diagram.
- Replaced the ADC continuous conversion timing diagram with the ADC timing diagram.
- Corrected a minor error in the example in the topic about the sample storage core.
- Added information that the ADC TSD measures the temperature using a 64-samples running average method.
- Updated majority of the temperature codes in the table that lists the temperature code conversion.
- Added chapter that provides the ADC design considerations.
- Removed mention of value "0" for values allowed for the number of sequencer slots used in Modular ADC Core IP core parameter editor. Only values 1 to 64 are allowed.
- Removed the statement about enabling and disabling additional ADC response interface or debugging in the topic about the Modular ADC Core IP core configuration variants. You can enable or disable the debug path in the parameter editor.
- Removed the debug paths diagrams for each ADC core configuration.
- Removed the statement about using the sequencer core to trigger recalibration. The ADC is automatically recalibrated when it switches from normal sensing mode to temperature sensing mode.
- Edited text to clarify about routing power or ground traces if power or ground plane is not possible.
- Updated the total RC constant values in the table that shows the RC constant and filter values calculation.
- Corrected spelling for "prescaler".