3.10. Data Mover Only
The figure below is the top-level block diagram of the MCDMA IP in Data Mover Only mode with user descriptor controller.
- HIP Interface: Adapts to various PCIe HIP variants (P-/F-Tile) the Data Mover subsystem is interfacing to.
- Host to Device (H2D) Data Mover: Provides AVST source and sink interfaces to external descriptor controller for both descriptor fetch and data move operations
- Device to Host (D2H) Data Mover: Provides AVST source and sink interfaces to external descriptor controller to initiate data move operations and to send writeback/interrupt.
- Bursting Avalon Master (BAM): Performs non-bursting PIO operations for register programming.
- Support for PCIe semantics
- Scheduler enforces PCIe ordering rules in both Tx and Rx direction leading to PCIe HIP
- TLP chunking at MPS size
- Check for the 4KB cross over and other error logging
- Completion re-ordering: Data Mover subsystem performs the re-ordering of the received completions before sending data to AVMM Write Master or sending the descriptor completion packets to external descriptor controller.
Did you find the information on this page useful?