7.4.6. Running Simulation in the QuestaSim Simulator Using Command Line
|dev_com||Compile device library files.|
|com||Compiles the design files in correct order.|
|elab||Elaborates the top-level design.|
|elab_debug||Elaborates the top-level design with the novopt option.|
|ld||Compiles all the design files and elaborates the top-level design.|
|ld_debug||Compiles all the design files and elaborates the top-level design with the vopt option.|
- In the transcript window, change your working directory to mentor by using the following command.
cd <Project directory>/sys_tb/sys_tb/sim/mentor
- Copy the memory initialization file generated into the current path (Mentor folder)
file copy -force <Project directory>/ram.hex ./
- Run the msim_setup.tcl by using the following command.
- Compiles all the design files and elaborates the top-level design with vopt option by using the following command
- Type run 2ms to start the simulation for 2 milliseconds.
At the end of the simulation, “Hello world, this is the Nios V/m cpu checking in …” message prints in the Transcript window. You can observe the simulation results from the waveform viewer as well. The following figure shows the simulation result.
Did you find the information on this page useful?