6.3.1. Converting .sof File and .smh File to .jic File
To program .sof file and .smh file into EPCQ-L, you must convert them to a .jic file. The converted .jic file is consist of:
- The bit stream for Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA configuration in Active Serial mode upon power up
- The .smh file content at certain offset that you can define in Convert Programming File tool
To convert, perform the following steps:
- Go to your output_files folder, duplicate the top.smh file and rename it to top.hex.
Note: The .smh file is in Intel HEX standard format, i.e. bytes addressing little endian. You may need to convert the .smh file to match the endianness of your system
- Launch Convert Programming File tool from File menu.
- At Output programming file section, select JTAG Indirect Configuration File (.jic) from the Programming file type list.
- Select EPCQL1024 from Configuration device list.
- Select Active Serial x4 from Mode list.
- Give the File name as output_files/top.jic.
Optional to check Create Memory Map File (Generate top.map) and Create config data RPD (Generate top_auto.rpd).
- At Input files to convert section, select Flash Loader at the column of File/Data area.
- Click Add Device button and select Arria 10, 10AX115S2 and click OK.
- Select SOF Data at File/Data area column, click Add File button and select the top.sof inside the output_files folder.
- Select top.sof under SOF Data, click the Properties button, enable Compression and click OK to close the SOF File Properties dialog.
- Click Add Hex Data at Input files to convertsection.
- Select Relative addressing and set the start address to 0x2000000. Leave Big endian as the default selection for Endianness. Select top.hex from your output_files folder, and click OK.
The figure below shows the final setting for the .jic file generation. Verify and click Generate button.
- Click Close button to close the Convert Programming File after .jic is generated successfully.
Did you find the information on this page useful?