7.3.3. System Explorer Pane
- IP instances with debug toolkit capabilities
- IP instances with a debug endpoint
Additionally, the System Explorer also displays custom toolkit groups and links that you create. System Explorer organizes the interactive instances according to the available device connections. The System Explorer contains a Links instance, and may contain a Files instance. The Links instance shows debug agents (and other hardware) that System Console can access. The Files instance contains information about the programming files loaded from the Intel® Quartus® Prime project for the device.
The System Explorer provides the following information:
- Devices—displays information about all devices connected to the System Console.
- Scripts—stores scripts for easy execution.
- Connections—displays information about the board connections visible to System Console, such as the Intel® FPGA Download Cable. Multiple connections are possible.
- Designs—displays information about Intel® Quartus® Prime designs connected to System Console. Each design represents a loaded .sof file.
- Right-click on some of the instances to execute related commands.
- Instances that include a message display a message icon. Click on the instance to view the messages in the Messages pane.
Did you find the information on this page useful?