22.214.171.124. Adding Nios® II Processor Signals with a Plug-In
The Nios® II plug-in creates one mnemonic table in the Setup tab and two tables in the Data tab:
- Nios® II Instruction (Setup tab)—capture all the required signals for triggering on a selected instruction address.
- Nios® II Instance Address (Data tab)—display address of executed instructions in hexadecimal format or as a programming symbol name if defined in an optional Executable and Linking Format (.elf) file.
- Nios® II Disassembly (Data tab)—display disassembled code from the corresponding address.
To add Nios® II IP signals to the logic analyzer using a plug-in, perform the following steps after running Analysis and Elaboration on your design:
- In the Signal Tap logic analyzer, right-click the node list, and then click Add Nodes with Plug-In > Nios® II .
- Select the IP that contains the signals you want to monitor with the plug-in, and click OK.
- If all the signals in the plug-in are available, a dialog box might appear, depending on the plug-in, where you can specify options for the plug-in.
- With the Nios® II plug-in, you can optionally select an .elf containing program symbols from your Nios® II Integrated Development Environment (IDE) software design. Specify options for the selected plug-in, and click OK.
Did you find the information on this page useful?