1.1. Features 1.2. Device Support 1.3. Functional Description 1.4. Using the PFL IP Core 1.5. PFL IP Core In Embedded Systems 1.6. Third-party Programmer Support 1.7. Parameters 1.8. Signals 1.9. Specifications 1.10. Parallel Flash Loader Intel® FPGA IP User Guide Archives 1.11. Document Revision History for the Parallel Flash Loader Intel® FPGA IP User Guide
1.4.1. Converting .sof Files to a .pof 1.4.2. Constraining PFL Timing 1.4.3. Simulating PFL Design 1.4.4. Programming Intel® CPLDs and Flash Memory Devices 1.4.5. Defining New CFI Flash Device 1.4.6. Programming Multiple Flash Memory Devices 1.4.7. Creating Jam Files for Intel® CPLDs and Flash Memory Device Programming
126.96.36.199. Programming Intel® CPLDs and Flash Memory Devices Separately
To program the CPLD and the flash memory devices separately, follow these steps:
- Open the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer window.
- Click Add File. The Add Programming File Window dialog box appears.
- Add the targeted .pof, and click OK.
- Check the boxes under the Program/Configure column of the .pof.
- Click Start to program the CPLD.
- After the programming progress bar reaches 100%, click Auto Detect. For example, if you are using dual P30 or P33, the programmer window shows a dual P30 or P33 chain in your setup.
Alternatively, you can add the flash memory device to the programmer manually. Right-click the CPLD .pof and click Select Flash Device. In the Select Flash Device dialog box, select the device of your choice.
- Right-click the necessary flash memory device density and click Change File.
Note: You must select the density that is equivalent to the sum of the density of two CFI or NAND flash memory devices. For example, if you require two 512-Mb CFI flash memory devices, then select CFI 1 Gbit. For more than one quad SPI flash memory device, select the density that is equivalent to the sum of all the density of the quad SPI flash memory devices. For example, a four quad SPI flash memory devices (128 Mb for each device), the total density is equivalent to 512 Mb. A .pof with 512-Mb flash density is required to program these quad SPI flash devices. The PFL IP core handles the 512-Mb .pof programming to the four quad SPI flash memory devices.
- Select the .pof generated for the flash memory device. The .pof for the flash memory device is attached to the .pof of the CPLD.
- Check the boxes under the Program/Configure column for the added .pof and click Start to program the flash memory devices.
Did you find the information on this page useful?