1.4.4. Programming Intel® CPLDs and Flash Memory Devices
To program both in a single step, first program the CPLD, then the flash memory device. Follow these steps:
- Open the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer window and click Add File to add the .pof for the CPLD.
- Right-click the CPLD .pof and click Attach Flash Device.
- In the Flash Device menu, select the density of the flash memory device to be programmed.
- Right-click the necessary flash memory device density and click Change File.
- Select the .pof generated for the flash memory device. The .pof for the flash memory device is attached to the .pof of the CPLD.
- Add other programming files if your chain has other devices.
- Check all the boxes in the Program/Configure column for the new .pof and click Start to program the CPLD and flash memory device.
The Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer allows you to program, verify, erase, blank-check, or examine the configuration data page, the user data page, and the option bits sector separately, provided the CPLD contains the PFL IP core.Note: The Intel® Quartus® Prime programmer erases the flash memory device if you select the .pof of the flash memory device before programming. To prevent the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer from erasing other sectors in the flash memory device, select only the pages, .hex data, and option bits.
Did you find the information on this page useful?