2.4. Step 2: Configure the Signal Tap Logic Analyzer
You must configure the Signal Tap logic analyzer before you can capture and analyze data. You can configure instances of the Signal Tap logic analyzer by specifying options in the Signal Tap Signal Configuration pane.
When you use the available Signal Tap templates to create a new Signal Tap instance, the template specifies many of the initial option values automatically.
Basic configuration of the Signal Tap logic analyzer includes specifying values for the following options:
- Preserving Signals for Monitoring and Debugging
- Specifying the Clock, Sample Depth, and RAM Type
- Specifying the Buffer Acquisition Mode
- Adding Signals to the Signal Tap Logic Analyzer
- Defining Trigger Conditions
- Specifying Pipeline Settings
- Filtering Relevant Samples
- Managing Multiple Signal Tap Configurations
Did you find the information on this page useful?