3.6.5. Filtering in the Schematic View
You can filter a netlist by selecting hierarchy boxes, nodes, or ports of a node, that are part of the path you want to see. The following filter commands are available:
- Sources—displays the sources of the selection.
- Destinations—displays the destinations of the selection.
- Sources & Destinations—displays the sources and destinations of the selection.
- Selected Nodes—displays only the selected nodes.
- Between Selected Nodes—displays nodes and connections in the path between the selected nodes.
- Bus Index—Displays the sources or destinations for one or more indexes of an output or input bus port.
- Filtering Options—Displays the Filtering Options dialog box:
- Stop filtering at register—Turning on this option directs the Netlist Viewer to filter out to the nearest register boundary.
- Filter across hierarchies—Turning on this option directs the Netlist Viewer to filter across hierarchies.
- Maximum number of hierarchy levels—Sets the maximum number of hierarchy levels that the schematic view can display.
To filter a netlist, select a hierarchy box, node, port, net, or state node, right-click in the window, point to Filter and click the appropriate filter command. The Netlist Viewer generates a new page showing the netlist that remains after filtering.