1. Introduction to the Intel® SoC FPGA EDS 2. Installing the Tools 3. Running the Tools 4. SoC EDS Licensing 5. Arm* Development Studio* for Intel® SoC FPGA Edition 6. Boot Tools User Guide 7. Hardware Library 8. HPS Flash Programmer User Guide 9. Bare Metal Compilers 10. SD Card Boot Utility 11. Linux* Device Tree Generator 12. Support and Feedback
2.2.2. Installing Arm* DS*
- Download Arm* DS* installer archive from the Arm* Development Studio* for Intel® SoC FPGA Edition Download Center for FPGAs website. The current Intel® Quartus® Prime software version is 20.1 and the filename is: DS000-BN-00001-r20p0-00rel1.tgz.
- Extract the archive and run the installer as root:
tar xf DS000-BN-00001-r20p0-00rel1.tgz cd DS000-BN-00001-r20p0-00rel1/ sudo ./armds-2020.0.sh
- The installer displays the licensing agreement. Scroll using the space bar until the end of the license, type "yes" and press Enter.
Please answer with one of: 'yes' or 'no/quit' Do you agree to the above terms and conditions? yes
- Press Enter to run the platform requirements check.
Please answer with one of: 'yes/y' or 'no/n' Run installation platform requirement checks? [default: yes] — Running installation platform requirement checks Running dependency check [succeeded]
- Leave the default installation path (unless you want to change it) and press Enter.
Where would you like to install to? [default: /opt/arm/developmentstudio-2020.0]
- Press Enter to allow the new folder to be created:
Please answer with one of: 'yes/y' or 'no/n' '/opt/arm/developmentstudio-2020.0' does not exist, create? [default: yes] — Installing to '/opt/arm/developmentstudio-2020.0' (This may take a while…)
- Press Enter to allow the desktop menus to be added.
Please answer with one of: 'yes/y' or 'no/n' Install desktop menu item additions? [default: yes] — Installing menu entries
- Press Enter to allow the drivers to be installed.
Post install stage provides the following functions: - Installation of USB drivers for RealView ICE and DSTREAM hardware units Please answer with one of: 'yes/y' or 'no/n' Run post install setup scripts? [default: yes] — Running post install setup scripts
- Successful installation results in the following message:
----------------------------------- Installation completed successfully ----------------------------------- To start using Arm Development Studio 2020.0 either: - Create a suite sub-shell using /opt/arm/developmentstudio-2020.0/bin/suite_exec - Launch GUI tools via their desktop menu entries The Release notes for the product can be found here: file:///opt/arm/developmentstudio-2020.0/sw/info/readme.html