5. Arm* Development Studio* for Intel® SoC FPGA Edition
The Arm* DS* for Intel® SoC FPGA Edition is a device-specific exclusive offering from Intel® and is a powerful Eclipse-based comprehensive Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
For the current version, refer to Table 1.
- File editing, supporting syntax highlighting and source code indexing
- Build support, based on makefiles
- Bare Metal debugging
- Linux* application debugging
- Linux* kernel and driver debugging
- Multicore debugging
- Access to HPS peripheral registers
- Access to FPGA soft IP peripheral registers
- Tracing of program execution through Program Trace Macrocells (PTM)
- Tracing of system events through System Trace Macrocells (STM)
- Cross-triggering between HPS and FPGA
- Connecting to the target using Intel® FPGA Download Cable II
For information about the licensing options and how to obtain them, refer to the Intel® SoC FPGA EDS Licensing section.
For examples of using Arm* DS* for Intel® SoC FPGA Edition, refer to the SoC EDS and Arm* Development Studio webpage on RocketBoards.
You can access the Arm* Development Studio* for Intel® SoC FPGA Edition reference material from Eclipse, by navigating to Help > Help Contents > Arm* Developer Studio Documentation or on the Arm* website.
You can also access additional material from Eclipse, by navigating to Help > Tutorials and Videos.