The P-Tile Debug Toolkit is a System Console-based tool for P-Tile that provides real-time control, monitoring and debugging of the PCIe links at the Physical Layer.
- View protocol and link status of the PCIe links.
- View PLL and per-channel status of the PCIe links.
- View the channel analog settings.
- View the receiver eye and measure the eye height and width for each channel.
- Indicate the presence of a re-timer connected between the link partners.
The following figure provides an overview of the P-Tile Debug Toolkit in the P-Tile Multi Channel DMA IP for PCI Express.
When you enable the P-Tile Debug Toolkit, the intel_pcie_ptile_mcdma module of the generated IP includes the Debug Toolkit modules and related logic as shown in the figure above.
Drive the Debug Toolkit from a System Console. The System Console connects to the Debug Toolkit via an Native PHY Debug Master Endpoint (NPDME). Make this connection via an Intel FPGA Download Cable.
- The NPDME module
- PHY reconfiguration interface (xcvr_reconfig)
- Hard IP reconfiguration interface (hip_reconfig)
Provide a clock source (50 MHz - 125 MHz, 100 MHz recommended clock frequency) to drive the xcvr_reconfig_clk clock. Use the output of the Reset Release Intel FPGA IP to drive the ninit_done, which provides the reset signal to the NPDME module.
- set_location_assignment PIN_C23 -to xcvr_reconfig_clk_clk
Did you find the information on this page useful?