188.8.131.52. False Configuration Failure in Active Serial Multi-Device Configuration x1 Mode
In Active Serial (AS) multi-device configuration x1 mode, the error checking for CONF_DONE release may not operate correctly. Because of this, false configuration errors may result. The failure is indicated by CONF_DONE going high followed by nSTATUS going low and reconfiguration repeatedly initiated.
To overcome this issue, perform the following steps:
- Disable the CONF_DONE error checking in AS multi-device configuration mode:
- If you are using Quartus II version 12.0 software or older, check the “Disable AS mode CONF_DONE error check” option. This option can be found in the “Advanced” button under the Convert Programming File window.
- If you are using Quartus II version 12.0 SP1 or later, the error checking is disabled automatically for AS multi-device configuration POF file generation.
- Enable the INIT_DONE pin option:
- To ensure successful configuration, Intel recommends that you enable the INIT_DONE optional pin for devices in the configuration chain. On the board, do not tie INIT_DONE pins together between master and slave devices. Monitor the INIT_DONE status for each device to ensure a successful transition into user-mode.
Affects: Cyclone® V SX, ST, and SE devices
Status: No planned fix