A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
- Configure Yocto Project*/Wind River* Linux* and Intel® VTune™ Profiler with the Intel System Studio Integration Layer
Targets in a Cloud Environment
You can use Intel® VTune™ Profiler to run application performance analysis in the user-mode sampling mode on Windows* or Linux* virtual machine based instances or any analysis type on a bare-metal cloud instance.
These cloud service providers are supported:
- Amazon Web Services* (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform*
- Microsoft Azure*
You can install VTune Profiler either directly on the cloud instance or on a Windows, Linux, or macOS* host system and target a Linux cloud instance for remote analysis.
- Existing account with one of the supported cloud service providers
- Existing Linux or Windows instance in the cloud
- Linux instance: Root or sudo privileges to enable user-mode sampling Hotspots analysis by setting /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope to 0. See the Intel VTune Profiler Release Notes for instructions on enabling it permanently.
- If installing in the cloud: At least 25GB of instance storage
To install VTune Profiler on the cloud instance, copy the VTune Profiler installer to the cloud instance and run the installer. For more information, see the VTune Profiler Install Guide..
A use case with steps for installing and configuring VTune Profiler on an Amazon Web Services instance and running a Hotspots analysis on that instance is available from the VTune Profiler Cookbook.
Did you find the information on this page useful?