A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
- Configure Yocto Project*/Wind River* Linux* and Intel® VTune™ Profiler with the Intel System Studio Integration Layer
Instrumentation and Tracing Technology APIs
The Instrumentation and Tracing Technology API (ITT API) and the Just-in-Time Profiling API (JIT API) are open source components. Visit the GitHub* repository to access source code and contribute.
The Instrumentation and Tracing Technology API (ITT API) provided by the Intel® VTune™ Profiler enables your application to generate and control the collection of trace data during its execution.
ITT API has the following features:
- Controls application performance overhead based on the amount of traces that you collect.
- Enables trace collection without recompiling your application.
- Supports applications in C/C++ and Fortran environments on Windows*, Linux*, FreeBSD*, or Android* systems.
- Supports instrumentation for tracing application code.
To use the APIs, add API calls in your code to designate logical tasks. These markers will help you visualize the relationship between tasks in your code relative to other CPU and GPU tasks. To see user tasks in your performance analysis results, enable the Analyze user tasks checkbox in analysis settings.
The ITT API is a set of pure C/C++ functions. There are no Java* or .NET* APIs. If you need runtime environment support, you can use a JNI, or C/C++ function call from the managed code. If the collector causes significant overhead or data storage, you can pause the analysis to reduce the overhead.
Did you find the information on this page useful?