4.6.3. Generating Schematic Symbol
You can now create a new symbol to represent your FPGA design in your schematic.
To generate a schematic symbol, follow these steps:
- Start the Cadence Allegro Design Entry CIS software.
- On the Tools menu, click Generate Part. The Generate Part dialog box appears.
- To specify the .pin from your Intel® Quartus® Prime design, in the Netlist/source file type field, click Browse.
- In the Netlist/source file type list, select Altera Pin File
- Type the new part name.
- Specify the Destination part library for the symbol. Failing to select an existing library for the part creates a new library with a default name that matches the name of your Cadence Allegro Design Entry CIS project.
- To create a new symbol for this design, select Create new part. If you updated your .pin in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software and want to transfer any assignment changes to an existing symbol, select Update pins on existing part in library.
- Select any other desired options and set Implementation type to <none>. The symbol is for a primitive library part based only on the .pin and does not require special implementation. Click OK.
- Review the Undo warning and click Yes to complete the symbol generation.
You can locate the generated symbol in the selected library or in a new library found in the Outputs folder of the design in the Project Manager window. Double-click the name of the new symbol to see its graphical representation and edit it manually using the tools available in the Cadence Allegro Design Entry CIS software.Note: For more information about creating and editing symbols in the Cadence Allegro Design Entry CIS software, refer to the Help in the software.